Aspex Training Academy (RTO# 32067) delivers the Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415) through Mixed Mode Online Self-Paced Learning. This highly effective and popular method of delivery is ideal for busy professionals trying to fit study around work, family and life commitments. Since it is self-paced, you can study your course at a speed that suits you. This makes it popular with many people between employment opportunities who are looking to gain skills and re-enter the workforce as quickly as possible.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Aspex Training Academy student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months to complete your project management diploma training course. There are no set course dates so you can enrol straight away and begin training as soon as possible. Since the course is self-paced, you can study and complete the course in less than 12 months if you like!
What Will You Learn In The Project Management Diploma Course?
The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management is designed to enhance your skills and ensure you have the methods, techniques and tools you need to manage projects effectively. You will develop skills in managing all aspects of projects including cost, time, quality, risk, procurement, and scope. The course will also teach you to lead, plan and execute projects—skills sought after in a huge range of Australian industries.
Ultimately, this Diploma of Project Management will help you ensure you have the confidence and ability to manage projects effectively, lead your team to success and to achieve organisational goals. The broad range of competencies covered in this course will equip you with a set of skills that are highly regarded and attractive to prospective employers.
Turn your aspirations into reality… start your Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415) today!!
Course Outline & Structure
Aspex Training Academy has adopted a “clustered” approach for our Diploma of Project Management course. This means we have divided our courses into just eight (8) workbooks, instead of doing it unit by unit.
Expected Study Hours: The project management course has an expected study time of 850 hours, depending on your industry experience.
To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area. The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills in this area.
Aspex Training Academy has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – limited knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 850 hours.
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – moderate prior knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Limited recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 690 hours.
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – extensive knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Recent related industry work experience of one year or more. Study hours is up to 525 hours.
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 3 or more years and extensive specific knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Study hours is up to 368 hours.
Assessment Methods: The course is assessed through knowledge assessments, case studies, and practical assessment/project portfolio.
There are no formal prerequisites to enrol in this qualification. However, it is preferred that you:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills
- Hold the BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice OR some industry experience in a relevant role (e.g. Project Coordinator, Project Team Leader, Project Management Officer)
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
Students are provided with a Personal Learning Plan with Cohort explanation and learning pathway. This is uploaded in their student account prior to commencing.
To support you in your studies Aspex Training Academy will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where they can manage a project from start to finish during their course under a supervisor (Note: Aspex Training Academy will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- A computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
The Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415) is an ideal qualification if you are seeking to build on your previous experience or training with more advanced project management skills. This course is a suitable training path if you have already completed a Certificate IV in Project Management (BSB41515) qualification and want to continue your studies in this area.
Once enrolled in this course, you may also consider additional training to complement your Project Management skill set:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
|Section 1: Core Units Include|
|Manage Project Scope||00:00:00|
|Manage Project Time||00:00:00|
|Manage Project Quality||00:00:00|
|Manage Project Cost||00:00:00|
|Manage Project Human Resources||00:00:00|
|Manage Project Information and Communication||00:00:00|
|Manage Project Risk||00:00:00|
|Manage Project Integration||00:00:00|
|Section 2: Electives Units Include|
|Manage Project Procurement||00:00:00|
|Manage Project Stakeholder Engagement||00:00:00|
|Manage Personal Work Priorities and Professional Development||00:00:00|
|Lead and Manage Team Effectiveness||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.